Tuesday, October 25, 2005

2: MBA

I'm applying to full-time MBA programs. In the process of applying, I started reading MBA applicant and student blogs. I was too lazy to write my own blog and I knew that if I do create one, it will end up being focused on the MBA.

While enjoying reading about others and posting anonymously, I bumped into a blog that doesn't allow non-bloggers to post. I thought about it all day, talked to friends for advice, did some analysis, tossed a coin and lost. So I had to create a blogger account. I calmed myself by saying that it's a matter of minutes.

I created the account, didn't post the comment for which I took all this trouble but wrote my first two posts. Let's get back to the subject.

Every time I submit an application, I decide that I won't go for an MBA. These days I am hung up on the word "worthwhile". Cracking the GMAT, writing good essays. Is all that worthwhile? Once in business school, getting good grades, preparing for job interviews. Is that worthwhile? On the job, working hard. Is that worthwhile too?

I don't know.

What about an expensive vacation where you exercise and feed your brain and probably don't have time to exercise and feed your body? That could be worthwhile. Especially if your fellow vacationers have a lot of different stories to tell.

An MBA, for me, would be such a vacation. On to the next application.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought-provoking, mootable pv. just my thoughts, well anyways gl & be chipper is what i say

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home